This class will be taught with DLSR and Mirrorless camera users in mind.
Learn how your camera works so that you can create the perfect image. Composing the frame beautifully, choosing the appropriate settings for your camera, and understanding how exposures are made are just the beginning. This class is specifically designed for those who want to learn more about how their own cameras work and those elusive manual exposure settings.
Workshop topics include:
- We will cover composition and framing basics - and how you can begin, and sustain, making beautiful and unique images
- Master your camera’s manual exposure settings!
- ISO - what is it and why do I care?
- Leave with a solid understanding of Depth of Field and Aperture controls
- Creating artistic images through manual exposure settings, i.e. learn to capture movement
- Best practices for using auto + manual focus
- How to handle White Balance (and avoid weird color casts!)
- Which lenses are best for you?
You'll walk away with your very own digital photography manual, priceless new knowledge about the workings of your camera, and 4-5 new images that you've created during the workshop.
Participants are encouraged to bring their own camera. An extra battery, a spare memory card, and your camera’s instruction manual are also very helpful to have on hand at this class.
Cocktails, materials, and good company included - $75